Becoming Brooklyn is Moving to….

29 Apr

After months of searching for a new apartment, Becoming Brooklyn finally decided to leave Brooklyn Heights for another neighborhood. I asked you for your advice. Where should I move? I got a lot of great answers… Prospect Heights, Greenpoint, Red Hook, Park Slope… but I made my decision and signed a lease just last week.

So where’s my new neighb? Drum roll please…….

Becoming Brooklyn is moving to CARROLL GARDENS in mid-May.

So some of you might be like why would you want to leave Brooklyn Heights? Well, BK Heights has treated me well in my transition from Manhattan. It’s a beautiful neighborhood, but let’s be honest, it’s a little quiet. Not only is Carroll Gardens better for me, it’s better for this blog. There’s more new and exciting Brooklyn stuff happening down there, so stay tuned for more about moving and my new neighborhood.

About these ads

10 Responses to “Becoming Brooklyn is Moving to….”

1. Nneka April 29, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Congrats!!! Gosh….I got scared for a sec considering the suspense…..I was like…hope she is not leaving Brooklyn!! Glad it all worked out! Carol gardens is a great neighborhood and closer to mine…..so, I hope to see more of you :) Send me deets for your house warming once you are all settled in.

Cheers and congrats again!

• becomingbklyn April 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Thanks, Nneka! Of course I’m not leaving Brooklyn. :) Yes, much closer to you! Let’s get together soon.

2. melissa danielle April 29, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

I LOVE Carroll Gardens! Did you snag a garden apartment? Lots of old world fruit trees hidden among those old homes.

3. Fallopia Tuba (@franklanguage) April 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

If I were moving to Brooklyn, I’d live in the ‘Schwick or the ‘Burg, but that’s just me.

• becomingbklyn April 29, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

Looked a little in both, but didn’t find anything I loved.

4. mattmaison (@mattmaison) April 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Jealous. Hopefully we’ll be neighbors in the fall!

• becomingbklyn April 30, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

Yes! Definitely look over there. It’s fab, as you know.